Sunday, May 11, 2008

Should I go or should I stay?


I have been battling with a decision for the last month. Earlier this year I talked with my sister and discussed me driving up for a visit when Gerry was on vacation. (so he could stay home and take care of the dogs) The weekend is quickly approaching, Memorial Day weekend. I seem to be finding lots of excuses not to go. The one excuse that tops the list is, I am afraid to drive that far by myself. Seven hours without stopping, so for someone my age it would be more like 9 hours. Time to stop to eat, and numerous stops for potty breaks. Hey, when your old the coffee goes right through ya! I know my sister is waiting for an answer. I need some feed back friends. Anyone have any ideas how to get over a fear? I also planned on staying at a hotel to save work for my sister and also to give all of us some private space, but after seeing the price of hotels and considering the cost of high test gas, what I save at a hotel could go in my gas tank. So Barb, you will have to wash the sheets when I leave. :)

Nine hours one way, to be repeated three days later....I shiver at the thought. How come I would have done this 10 years ago without blinking an eye???


Anyone have any ideas other then calming drugs that would put me to sleep while driving? :)







1 comment:

tammi said...

hmmm...you could ask grandpa to drive you.



Hooohaa haa haa hee hee.

JUST KIDDING> :) LOL

Um....get a book on cd from the library and a couple of new cds. Put some snack and drinks in the seat beside you. Roll down the windows and enjoy the time to yourself.
:) Go and have fun. You'll regret it if you don't.