Sunday, February 1, 2009

Plum Crazy

OK, I am still alive and it is February 1st. I am still dealing with this horrible virus and the non stop coughing. I had a chest x-ray last Tuesday and tomorrow afternoon I go for a cat scan. I still say I have pneumonia, but the doctor likes to do lots of test before that diagnosis is confirmed. All I know is after being house bound for two weeks, when I finally feel up to being in public I am heading to a steak house for a huge porterhouse steak, baked potato with all the extras and a salad full of crunchy croutons. I am so sick of soup I want something extra solid to chew. :)

While I have been laid up I have been reading. I'm not sure if I ever mentioned this before but my favorite author is Janet Evanovich. Her Stephanie Plum series is so funny and fun that I have read the series twice and am getting reading to read it through a third time. I NEVER reread books. So the fact I love these so much to read and read again should tell you to look for Janet's books. Start with "One for the Money" and don't miss a single book in the series. Currently there are 14 and each one gets funnier then the last. There are also a few 'Between books, the current being Plum Spooky which I just finished, that should not be missed either. Visit Janet's web site to learn more and do try a couple. I know you will be hooked like I am. :) http://www.evanovich.com/ When you visit this site, be sure to read the Character Profile page and click on "Lula's Words of Wisdom". Lula is a retired 'Ho' who is a full figured size sixteen (who crams herself into size 10 mini skirts) black woman who is always eating donuts and always dieting. She cracks me up. Oh and then there is Grandma Mazur who packs a 45 magnum and visits funeral parlors for the free cookies. Have I perked your interest yet? Please try one of these books, you wont regret it. Too Much Fun!!!

Here it is Feb 1st and I still have a few Christmas decorations up. Anyone else out there still enjoying the holiday decorations? :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see your comments about Janet Evanovich's books. I've often thought you should be blogging about that amazing library of books you read. :)

Okay, I have to admit there's still a bit of Christmas lurking here too. There never seems to be enough time to keep up with everything anymore.

TendrHart said...

I also am big into James Patterson, reading Double Cross right now. And yes, I am a reading fool and love it. :)